Many people suffer with sensitivities that lead to symptoms of a broad spectrum: allergies, skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, migraines, Fibromyalgia, ADD/ADHD, stress and anxiety, arthritis, depression, digestive issues like acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome, frequent colds, heart and organ disease and many more.
It is scientifically proven that internal and external stressors lead to these sensitivities. Biofeedback stress reduction therapy is able to analyze your body for these stressors and sensitivities then through positive reconditioning it reduces the symptomatic response. All of this without any medications and their harmful side effects. Click here to find out more: Biofeedback Stress Reduction Therapy
My name is Dr. Russell Brokstein, Chiropractor and Owner of Hometown Family Wellness Center in Freehold, NJ. We began incorporating biofeedback stress reduction therapy in our practice 2 years ago and have experienced over 80% success rate in helping our patients with this state of the art technology. I want to share with you one of our successful cases in helping a 6 year old male patient who had suffered with severe eczema since he was born.
He had been seeing Dermatologists all these years with no change using cortisone and other steroid type treatments. After just 8 treatments using biofeedback, his skin is crystal clear. (See the pictures below) The parents reported that he was able to swim in the ocean for the first time without a wetsuit and showering is no longer painful.
Added bonus the parents never reported before treatment about his peanut sensitivity and before going back to school, they tested him by rubbing peanut butter on his skin and he had no reaction to it. (Note his allergy was not the anaphylaxis type)
Click this link if you would like to watch the father discuss the results: 6 Year old Suffering with Eczema and Allergies Helped by Freehold Chiropractor
If you or somebody you know suffers with allergies, headaches, digestive issues, arthritis, stress, anxiety, ADD or ADHD, Fibromyalgia, skin conditions, frequently fighting colds, depression or other symptoms share this article with them. Most symptoms are related to stress and sensitivities and biofeedback stress reduction can be the answer! Contact our office to receive your complimentary biofeedback stress assessment. This 6 year old patient has gained his life back by using this form of treatment. We have been helping patients from Freehold and the surrounding towns of Marlboro, Howell, Colts Neck, Jackson, Morganville and Manalapan, NJ as well as other communities in Monmouth and Ocean Counties in New Jersey. Some have driven as far as New York City and Philadelphia to experience biofeedback stress reduction therapy.
Call 732-780-0044 and find out more about our office by going to www.chiropractorfreehold.com
People all over the country are suffering with sleeping problems. Some statistics show that 40 percent have chronic problems. Many chiropractors find misalignment of one of the first 2 vertebrae in the neck in people who suffer from sleep disorders such as insomnia and sleep apnea.
In our office we also evaluate other areas that can be causing sleep problems. If your adrenal glands aren’t functioning well, they need to be addressed. There are 2 products that most people consume that cause these glands to stop working properly: caffeine (coffee, energy drinks) and refined carbohydrates (white pasta, white rice, white sugar). One of the hormones your body produces is called cortisol and if not at correct levels can cause sleep disorders.
Another area of concern is the body’s toxicity levels. Everything you eat, breathe and drink has chemicals in it. Our body gets overwhelmed and can’t filter all these chemicals, making our body more acidic or toxic. This adds stress to the body, preventing quality sleep. Some research also shows that bacteria, viruses and cancer thrives in acidic environments, so if your body is acidic, it is unhealthy.
One last significant problem to address is stress. Everybody from children to adults experience stress of many types. There is chemical, physical and emotional stress. Internal and external stressors have been scientifically proven to contribute to many symptoms and illnesses including sleep disorders but also allergies, depression, headaches, anxiety, arthritis, fatigue, digestive issues, weight gain, skin irritations, food sensitivities, ADD/ADHD and so much more. We are one of only a handful of doctors who have FDA cleared biofeedback to assess sensitivities that elicit stress resulting in these symptoms.
I have been helping people in Freehold, Monmouth County, NJ and the surrounding towns of Marlboro, Manalapan, Howell, Colts Neck, Jackson, Morganville and Englishtown to once again “Sleep like a baby.” By addressing these 3 issues, you can start sleeping once again.
A good night’s sleep is one of the most important things for the body to be healthy so the body can heal from the days stress. Restoring normal sleep is one of the desired affects of normal chiropractic treatment. It’s common that many of our patients that come in for back pain, neck pain, sciatica, fibromyalgia, headaches or migraines and other problems, come back after their first couple of visits saying they had their best night’s sleep in years and feel revitalized. Sleeping is a common side effect when C1 and C2 are adjusted to bring proper alignment. Best thing of all, there are no drugs involved!!
In our office we use service EMG, posture, palpation and other chiropractic tests to help determine misalignment of the cervical spine and other areas.
We further test the adrenal glands and toxicity levels to get the body more in balance. If tests show problems, we take natural steps to remove the toxins and get the adrenal glands functioning optimally. Stress is analyzed using bioenergetic stress reduction.
If you or somebody you know is suffering from poor sleep, share this information with them so they no longer ingest harmful drugs. Make sure you get your upper neck evaluated by a chiropractor. If we can get you sleeping better, we can get you healing better!
Daily life can build up a lot of stress and anxiety. Lately, the addition of coronavirus, businesses closed, kids schools
closed is adding into it all. Stress can lead to many problems: headaches, indigestion, stiffness, insomnia, fatigue, heart palpitations, depression, irritability, confusion, apathy, family conflict and much more. It’s hard to take it all at once.
There are some simple natural ways to deal with stress and I would like to share a video with you where I discuss 11 simple things for you to try. Just click below:
I hope you found those 11 Stress relieving tips helpful! Some of them overlap with the 8 Natural Ways to Boost the Immune System. With the spreading of the corona virus, it’s more important than ever to do everything to strengthen your immune system. If you missed that video you can watch it by clicking here.
Most of the health formulas and supplements I recommend can be delivered directly to you. I will list some of the sites for those that would like to order any:
1) For our plant based multi vitamin and antioxidants, adrenal support with brain food, digestive enzymes with pre & probiotics, proteolytic enzymes, cardiovascular booster and liquid medical grade collagen click: www.tranont.com/docbrok
2) The only 100% whole flower, full spectrum CBD Fluid with up to 90% absorption (Important to note CBD oils are low absorbing at only 6 to 10%, highly processed and can cause your liver enzymes to increase) Click: www.brizopure.com/docbrok
3) Essential Oils and Diffuser: https://docbrok.isagenix.com/en-us/products/essence
Two huge favors… make sure to share these vidoes and to follow us on FB as I plan on providing a lot more information, support and motivation during these times. Participate in our FB lives! Click here to follow us: Chiropractor Freehold NJ – Russell Brokstein
The important thing is, we will all get through this! Think positive and do everything you can to keep you and your family safe. Remember, I am always here for you!
To Your Health and Wellness
Dr. Russell, Princess and Brianna
Hometown Family Wellness Center Where Health is a Lifestyle
The public is mislead to believe the causes of their health problems. One of the leading causes of health problems is Inflammation! There are many dangers of inflammation that you should be aware of.
First, lets get into “What is Inflammation?”
When your body is fighting infection, inflammation occurs where the body’s white blood cells and chemicals protect us from foreign substances like bacteria and viruses. Inflammation occurs also after trauma to help tissues repair themselves.
The body’s defense system, the immune system, sometimes reacts inappropriately by triggering an inflammatory response when there are no foreign substances to fight off. This occurs when people have diseases like arthritis.
Arthritis is a general term that describes inflammation in the joints. The body’s normally protective immune system causes damage to its own tissues in these autoimmune diseases. Some, but not all, types of arthritis are the result of misdirected inflammation.
Symptoms of Inflammation? You can experience redness, swollen joint that’s warm to the touch, joint pain, joint stiffness, and loss of joint function often.
Inflammation may also be associated with general flu-like symptoms:
Fever, Chills, Fatigue, Lack of Energy, Headaches, Loss of Appetite, and Muscle Stiffness.
What Causes Inflammation and what are its Effects?
When inflammation occurs, chemicals from the body’s white blood cells are released into the blood or affected tissues to protect your body from foreign substances. This release of chemicals increases the blood flow to the area of injury or infection and may result in redness and warmth. Some of the chemicals cause a leak of fluid into the tissues, resulting in swelling. This protective process may stimulate nerves and cause pain. The increased number of cells and inflammatory substances within the joint cause irritation, swelling of the joint lining, and eventually, wearing down of cartilage.
Can Inflammation Affect Internal Organs?
Dangers of Inflammation can affect organs as part of an autoimmune disorder. These types of symptoms depend on which organs are affected:
• Inflammation of the heart (myocarditis) may cause shortness of breath or fluid retention.
• Inflammation of the small tubes that transport air to the lungs may cause shortness of breath.
• Inflammation of the kidneys (nephritis) may cause high blood pressure or kidney failure.
• Pain may not be a primary symptom of an inflammatory disease, since many organs do not have many pain-sensitive nerves. Treatment of organ inflammation is directed at the cause of inflammation whenever possible.
Chronic Inflammation Statistics- From the Centers for Disease Control [CDC], each of the following diseases has been associated with Chronic Inﬂammation.
• Chronic inﬂammation once believed to be a disease associated with aging. Now we know its also associated with obesity and overweight. Its estimated by the Centers for Disease Control [CDC], that 66% of the American adult population is overweight or obese; at this rate by 2048 obesity will reach 100%.
• 24,000,000 people have diabetes, by 2025 its estimated to exceed 50,000,000!
• More than 5,000,000 Americans suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia! According to the Alzheimer’s Association the cost of care exceeds 148,000,000,000 per year!
• 43,000,000 suffer from Arthritis and Joint Disease, by 2020 its estimated to exceed 60,000,000!
• 25,000,000 suffer from Asthma. More people in America died from asthma in 2000 than 1970!
• 18,800,000 American Adults suffer from Depression triggered by Chronic Inﬂammation
• Allergies rank 6th among all chronic diseases!
• Hay Fever doubles every 3 decades
Many herbs naturally are Anti-Inﬂammatory and can Reduce the Dangers of Inflammation! Our Natural program contains these benefits below:
1) Boswellia Serrate (Boswellia serrata) – Boswellia extract is best known among herbalists as an anti-inﬂammatory agent. In addition to its anti-inﬂammatory properties, boswellia extract is said to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
Potential beneﬁts may include – Practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine also use boswellia extract to promote a general sense of wellness and as a mild sedative. Numerous clinical trials have found that the herb is also effective in treating asthma, Chrohn’s disease, and colitis.
2) Yucca Root (Yucca ﬁlimentosa) – The saponins in yucca root make it an excellent herbal remedy to treat problems associated with inﬂammation, including: arthritis, bursitis, rheumatism, and colitis.
Potential beneﬁts may include – In one study done by Dr. Robert Bingham in 1975, most of the 149 participants had less pain, swelling, and stiffness in their joints. Some people noticed additional beneﬁts as well, such as migraine relief and a decrease in blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride counts.
3) Devils Claw Root (Harpagophytum procumbens) Devil’s claw is approved as a non-prescription medicine by the German Commission E and is used to relieve arthritis and lower back, knee, and hip pain. Today devil’s claw is used as an anti-inﬂammatory for pain relief and joint diseases.
Potential beneﬁts may include Great news for pain sufferers who have grown dependent on pain killers for relief: recently published double blind studies have shown that devil’s claw can relieve pain from arthritis in as little as ten days of use (lower back, knee and hip pain included). It is also used to treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, bursitis, tendonitis, and soft tissue pain (muscle aches).
4) Hops Flowers (Humulus lupulus) – Hop ﬂowers are best known as a nerve tonic.
Potential beneﬁts may include- Anxiety and insomnia
5) Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum) – Has been found to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, and diosgenin. Other active constituents in fenugreek are alkaloids, lysine and tryptophan, as well as steroidal saponins.
Potential beneﬁts may include – In India and China it is used to treat arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, improve digestion, maintain a healthy metabolism, increase libido and male potency, cure skin problems (wounds, rashes and boils), treat sore throat, and acid reﬂux.
6) Hyssop Herb (Hyssopus ofﬁcinalis) – Hyssop has been used for cleansing rituals and as medicine since biblical times. Nowadays it is known that the volatile oil and other ingredients that are contained in the leaves and green stems indeed have anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inﬂammation, and other beneﬁcial properties. Potential beneﬁts may include – Bringing relief for the symptoms of lung and upper respiratory problems like the common cold, bronchitis, catarrh, and asthma, as it is anti-spasmodic, sweat inducing, and an expectorant.
7) Ginger Root (Zingiber ofﬁcinale)- The beneﬁts of ginger root have been well researched as modern science is discovering more and more therapeutic applications for this powerful herb.
Potential beneﬁts may include – Ginger is a powerful anti-inﬂammatory herb and there has been a lot of recent interest in its use for joint problems. It has also been indicated for arthritis, fevers, headaches, toothaches, coughs, bronchitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, to ease tendonitis, lower cholesterol and blood-pressure, and aid in preventing internal blood clots.
These ingredients have a history of proven results! Eliminating the dangers of inflammation is so important to your health. We now have a natural protocol to improve remove inflammation to improve your health! You can experience natures power with our new Inflammation supplement to combat the effects of inflammation!
Another beneficial product we now offer helps reduce inflammation and reduce pain naturally! This new CBD crème works great alongside the Inflammation supplement discussed above. CBD is fantastic topically for pain but with the Liposomal Delivery System you also get the benefits internally as it can help stimulate bone growth. This makes it ideal for patients suffering with arthritis! View the picture to see other benefits of using CBD!
Patients report greatly reduced pain within 10 minutes of applying the CBD crème.
If you have interest in our new Inflammation and CBD products, contact me or talk to me at your next appointment.
In our next blog, I will discuss foods that help work alongside our natural supplement and other foods that you are likely eating that are increasing inflammation in your body! Avoiding certain foods and eating others can help reduce the dangers of inflammation on your health.
Helping patients one at a time be more healthy naturally!