The public is mislead to believe the causes of their health problems. One of the leading causes of health problems is Inflammation! There are many dangers of inflammation that you should be aware of.
First, lets get into “What is Inflammation?”
When your body is fighting infection, inflammation occurs where the body’s white blood cells and chemicals protect us from foreign substances like bacteria and viruses. Inflammation occurs also after trauma to help tissues repair themselves.
The body’s defense system, the immune system, sometimes reacts inappropriately by triggering an inflammatory response when there are no foreign substances to fight off. This occurs when people have diseases like arthritis.
Arthritis is a general term that describes inflammation in the joints. The body’s normally protective immune system causes damage to its own tissues in these autoimmune diseases. Some, but not all, types of arthritis are the result of misdirected inflammation.
Symptoms of Inflammation? You can experience redness, swollen joint that’s warm to the touch, joint pain, joint stiffness, and loss of joint function often.
Inflammation may also be associated with general flu-like symptoms:
Fever, Chills, Fatigue, Lack of Energy, Headaches, Loss of Appetite, and Muscle Stiffness.
What Causes Inflammation and what are its Effects?
When inflammation occurs, chemicals from the body’s white blood cells are released into the blood or affected tissues to protect your body from foreign substances. This release of chemicals increases the blood flow to the area of injury or infection and may result in redness and warmth. Some of the chemicals cause a leak of fluid into the tissues, resulting in swelling. This protective process may stimulate nerves and cause pain. The increased number of cells and inflammatory substances within the joint cause irritation, swelling of the joint lining, and eventually, wearing down of cartilage.
Can Inflammation Affect Internal Organs?
Dangers of Inflammation can affect organs as part of an autoimmune disorder. These types of symptoms depend on which organs are affected:
• Inflammation of the heart (myocarditis) may cause shortness of breath or fluid retention.
• Inflammation of the small tubes that transport air to the lungs may cause shortness of breath.
• Inflammation of the kidneys (nephritis) may cause high blood pressure or kidney failure.
• Pain may not be a primary symptom of an inflammatory disease, since many organs do not have many pain-sensitive nerves. Treatment of organ inflammation is directed at the cause of inflammation whenever possible.
Chronic Inflammation Statistics- From the Centers for Disease Control [CDC], each of the following diseases has been associated with Chronic Inﬂammation.
• Chronic inﬂammation once believed to be a disease associated with aging. Now we know its also associated with obesity and overweight. Its estimated by the Centers for Disease Control [CDC], that 66% of the American adult population is overweight or obese; at this rate by 2048 obesity will reach 100%.
• 24,000,000 people have diabetes, by 2025 its estimated to exceed 50,000,000!
• More than 5,000,000 Americans suffer from Alzheimer’s and Dementia! According to the Alzheimer’s Association the cost of care exceeds 148,000,000,000 per year!
• 43,000,000 suffer from Arthritis and Joint Disease, by 2020 its estimated to exceed 60,000,000!
• 25,000,000 suffer from Asthma. More people in America died from asthma in 2000 than 1970!
• 18,800,000 American Adults suffer from Depression triggered by Chronic Inﬂammation
• Allergies rank 6th among all chronic diseases!
• Hay Fever doubles every 3 decades
Many herbs naturally are Anti-Inﬂammatory and can Reduce the Dangers of Inflammation! Our Natural program contains these benefits below:
1) Boswellia Serrate (Boswellia serrata) – Boswellia extract is best known among herbalists as an anti-inﬂammatory agent. In addition to its anti-inﬂammatory properties, boswellia extract is said to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
Potential beneﬁts may include – Practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine also use boswellia extract to promote a general sense of wellness and as a mild sedative. Numerous clinical trials have found that the herb is also effective in treating asthma, Chrohn’s disease, and colitis.
2) Yucca Root (Yucca ﬁlimentosa) – The saponins in yucca root make it an excellent herbal remedy to treat problems associated with inﬂammation, including: arthritis, bursitis, rheumatism, and colitis.
Potential beneﬁts may include – In one study done by Dr. Robert Bingham in 1975, most of the 149 participants had less pain, swelling, and stiffness in their joints. Some people noticed additional beneﬁts as well, such as migraine relief and a decrease in blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride counts.
3) Devils Claw Root (Harpagophytum procumbens) Devil’s claw is approved as a non-prescription medicine by the German Commission E and is used to relieve arthritis and lower back, knee, and hip pain. Today devil’s claw is used as an anti-inﬂammatory for pain relief and joint diseases.
Potential beneﬁts may include Great news for pain sufferers who have grown dependent on pain killers for relief: recently published double blind studies have shown that devil’s claw can relieve pain from arthritis in as little as ten days of use (lower back, knee and hip pain included). It is also used to treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, bursitis, tendonitis, and soft tissue pain (muscle aches).
4) Hops Flowers (Humulus lupulus) – Hop ﬂowers are best known as a nerve tonic.
Potential beneﬁts may include- Anxiety and insomnia
5) Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum) – Has been found to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, and diosgenin. Other active constituents in fenugreek are alkaloids, lysine and tryptophan, as well as steroidal saponins.
Potential beneﬁts may include – In India and China it is used to treat arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, improve digestion, maintain a healthy metabolism, increase libido and male potency, cure skin problems (wounds, rashes and boils), treat sore throat, and acid reﬂux.
6) Hyssop Herb (Hyssopus ofﬁcinalis) – Hyssop has been used for cleansing rituals and as medicine since biblical times. Nowadays it is known that the volatile oil and other ingredients that are contained in the leaves and green stems indeed have anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inﬂammation, and other beneﬁcial properties. Potential beneﬁts may include – Bringing relief for the symptoms of lung and upper respiratory problems like the common cold, bronchitis, catarrh, and asthma, as it is anti-spasmodic, sweat inducing, and an expectorant.
7) Ginger Root (Zingiber ofﬁcinale)- The beneﬁts of ginger root have been well researched as modern science is discovering more and more therapeutic applications for this powerful herb.
Potential beneﬁts may include – Ginger is a powerful anti-inﬂammatory herb and there has been a lot of recent interest in its use for joint problems. It has also been indicated for arthritis, fevers, headaches, toothaches, coughs, bronchitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, to ease tendonitis, lower cholesterol and blood-pressure, and aid in preventing internal blood clots.
These ingredients have a history of proven results! Eliminating the dangers of inflammation is so important to your health. We now have a natural protocol to improve remove inflammation to improve your health! You can experience natures power with our new Inflammation supplement to combat the effects of inflammation!
Another beneficial product we now offer helps reduce inflammation and reduce pain naturally! This new CBD crème works great alongside the Inflammation supplement discussed above. CBD is fantastic topically for pain but with the Liposomal Delivery System you also get the benefits internally as it can help stimulate bone growth. This makes it ideal for patients suffering with arthritis! View the picture to see other benefits of using CBD!
Patients report greatly reduced pain within 10 minutes of applying the CBD crème.
If you have interest in our new Inflammation and CBD products, contact me or talk to me at your next appointment.
In our next blog, I will discuss foods that help work alongside our natural supplement and other foods that you are likely eating that are increasing inflammation in your body! Avoiding certain foods and eating others can help reduce the dangers of inflammation on your health.
Helping patients one at a time be more healthy naturally!