Did you know only 20 percent of our longevity potential is genetically determined? The rest is what we do, how we live our lives and increasingly the molecules that we take. It’s not the loss of our DNA that causes aging, it’s the problems in reading the information, the epigenetic noise. David Andrew Sinclair
Now is the time to Explore Your Longevity Potential! Read this great article by the 100 Year Lifestyle: Explore Your Longevity Potential
I always discuss the importance of the core and it’s a topic of many health professionals. Hare are more reasons you need to work on your core and it’s not just about the muscles: The Core of Your Core- There’s More to it For A Healthy Core
Health Tip of the week: Most people are taking medications to solve problems that are in majority cases caused by their diet and lifestyle.
Recipe of the week: Mastering the Fabulous Frittata
Are You Feeding Your Children Cancer?
“Red #40 may contain the carcinogenic contaminant p-Cresidine and is thought to cause tumors of the
immune system,” according to “Rich Food, Poor Food”. “In the UK, it is not recommended for children,” the Caltons write, but it is approved for use in the EU.
If red dye can cause tumors in the immune system, could it be causing the massive increase in immune system diseases we are seeing?
You have to be your own health advocate. Take a look at these 15 common food additives that we are exposed to every day…
1. Sodium nitrate: Added to processed meats to stop bacterial growth. Linked to cancer in humans. (Worst Offender)
2. Sulfites: Used to keep prepared foods fresh. Can cause breathing difficulties in those sensitive to the ingredient.
3. Azodicarbonamide: Used in bagels and buns. Can cause asthma.
4. Potassium bromate: Added to breads to increase volume. Linked to cancer in humans.
5. Propyl gallate: Added to fat-containing products. Linked to cancer in humans
6. BHA/BHT: A fat preservative, used in foods to extend shelf life. Linked to cancerous tumor growth.
7. Propylene glycol: Better known as antifreeze. Thickens dairy products and salad dressing. Deemed ‘generally’ safe by FDA.
8. Butane: Put in chicken nuggets to keep them tasting fresh. A known carcinogen.
9. Monosodium glutamate (MSG): Flavor enhancer that can cause headaches. Linked in animal studies to nerve damage, heart problems and seizures.
10. Disodium inosinate: In snack foods. Contains MSG.
11. Disodium guanylate: Also used in snack foods, and contains MSG.
12. Enriched flour: Used in many snack foods. A refined starch that is made from toxic ingredients.
13. Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH): Geneticially-engineered version of natural growth hormone in cows. Boosts milk production in cows. Contains high levels of IGF-1, which is thought cause various types of cancer.
14. Refined vegetable oil: Includes soybean oil, corn oil, safflower oil, canola oil, and peanut oil. High in omega-6 fats, which are thought to cause heart disease and cancer.
15. Sodium benzoate: Used as a preservative in salad dressing and carbonated beverages. A known carcinogen and may cause damage our DNA.
Thanks Dr. Mike Gruttadauria for this info!
Lots of research shows the connection of inflammation in the body to many health problems including depression.
Most Americans diets are highly inflammatory, poor gut health and dehydrated. Read More of the article: How inflammation in the body may explain depression in the brain (yahoo.com)
To decrease inflammation, change your lifestyle, take whole food, plant based proteolytic and gut enzymes and watch your health transform.
Check out on my website under services…supplements for all your natural, organic, whole food plant based supplements: www.ChiropractorFreehold.com
Before I go…..
A lot of people say “I hope I never need a chiropractor” … that’s like saying “I hope I never need a dentist.”
Let me tell you something. Everybody needs a chiropractor since birth! Waiting until there is a problem is too late and we are working on more than just pain, but removing pressure from your nervous system so your body functions optimally. Chiropractic helps your longevity potential!
Share chiropractic with others who would like to optimize their health naturally! Share our website and they can schedule right online: www.chiropractorfreehold.com
To Your Health and Wellness
Dr. Russell Brokstein
Hometown Family Wellness Center Where Health is a Lifestyle