Everybody is always searching for the secret ingredient or pill to being healthy. The great thing is being healthy is actually very simple if you follow the 5 important pillars of health. If you make these a priority in your life, you can maintain optimal health and wellness without drugs and surgery much more easily:
1) Exercsise – it is so important to exercise and keep the body moving. You do not have to be a gym buff, but just simply walking 20 to 30 minutes a day can do the trick. Exercise strengthens the muscles including your heart, helps get oxygen to all of your tissues, keeps your joints moving, tones muscles which help burn more calories efficiently and therefore help to maintain or lose weight, improves self confidence and reduces stress.
2) Quality Sleep – We all need the proper amount of sleep. You can actually get not only too little sleep but too much sleep is unhealthy too. Read the article: How Much Sleep Do We Really Need? Sleep is when the body unwinds, decreases stress and does a lot of it’s healing.
3) Positive mental attitude – Stress and negative thoughts are a major contributor to poor health. Some statistics show that over 60% of health conditions are related to stress and negativity. By reducing stress and being positive, your health will drastically improve.
4) Nutrition – You know the saying “You are what you eat!” Our country has some of the worst eating habits: fast food, large portions, refined carbs, processed foods. Your body is a high performance machine that needs high quality foods. By eating a well balanced diet, you will have more energy, it can help you sleep better, your body heal damage to tissues and organs, and maintain proper weight. Obesity and diabetes are running rampant in the United States because of the dieting habits of the population. Think of your car if you put in low grade fuel – the car has lower fuel efficiency, the engine starts to make noises, and the costs are higher to fix and maintain it. Your body needs high quality fuel and deserves it to be healthy!
5) Healthy Spine and Nervous System – This is the most important element to being healthy without drugs and surgery. Every function of the body relies on the nervous system. Right now your heart is beating, your lungs are breathing, your stomach is digesting, etc without you even having to think about it. Your brain sends messages down your spinal cord and out every level of the spine thru nerves that goes to ever last organ, muscle, tissue and cell of the body. As long as there is no interference to these messages, your body can function as close to 100% as allowed. Unfortunately, due to physical, mental and chemical stresses from the time we are born thru adulthood, the bones that protect the spinal cord (the vertebra) can move out of place and put pressure on the nerves. Just the slightest pressure on the nerve can decrease the message sent thru, decrease function and eventually result in disease and symptoms. Many people realize when they get numbness and tingling in the hands or feet it is most likely due to a pinched nerve in the neck or low back, but imagine what happens in the mid to upper back if the nerves that go to the heart, lungs or stomach are pinched or any other of the nerves on the picture above left. Do you think the heart can work at 100% if only 90% of the nerve flow is getting to the organ? More importantly is you wouldn’t even have symptoms until around 30% or more impingement occurs. This is why it is so important to have your spine and nervous system checked. It also helps with the previous 4 pillars of health because if your nervous system is not working properly, it will decrease the benefits of your exercise, the nutrition you take in, your mental well being, and your sleep.
As a chiropractor in Freehold, NJ I address all 5 of these areas to help you get your health back naturally and maintain it for a healthy and happy lifestyle. For the past 14 years I have been helping patients who have been dealing with health issues and the medical doctors have been prescribing one medication after another, performing expensive testing that many times provide no answer to the cause of the problem, and no end to the vicious spiraling decrease in health. If you are ready to make your health a priority and top responsibility for you and your family, call our office Hometown Family Wellness Center, 9 Broadway, at 732-780-0044 to schedule a consultation and go to our website to find out more information: www.chiropractorfreehold.com.