Dr. Russell Brokstein, Chiropractor in Freehold, NJ reviews stress and how it affects your health.
Each week 95 million Americans suffer from stress related symptoms for which they take medications. Stress is recognized as the number one killer as it results in many of the health conditions people suffer from. According to the AMA, stress is the cause of up to 80 to 85% of all human illness and disease.
Stress in humans results from interactions between people and their environment that are perceived as straining or exceeding their adaptive capacities and threatening their well-being.
There are drug-free solutions you need to know about:
1) There are glands in your body called the adrenal glands. They are also known as the stress glands. They help regulate the 4 main hormones of the body: adrenaline, norepenephrine, cortisol and DHEA. When these hormones get thrown off balance, it can cause heart conditions, digestive issues (IBS, acid reflux, and colitis), allergies, sleep disorders, depression, anxiety, headaches, fibromyalgia, immune problems, arthritic conditions, skin conditions (eczema and psoraisis), diabetes, weight problems, PMS, menopuse, libido problems.. just to name a few.
Many people consume 2 products that destroy the adrenal glands: caffeine (coffee) and refined carbohydrates (white breads, pastas and rice are examples). By eliminating these products from consumption and using a proper adrenal support vitamin, the adrenal glands can be regulated properly so the body can handle stress and reduce the symptoms and diseases it can produce.
2) Internal and external stressors have been scientifically proven to contribute to many health conditions.
What is a Stressor?
A stressor is any biological, chemical, emotional or physical substance or factor that can cause temporary or permanent harm.Examples of common stressors can include:
- Emotional (marriage, death, work)
- Chemical (cigarette smoke, toxins)
- Environmental (hayfever, grass, food)
- Biological (cats, dust mites)
There is technology known as biofeedback stress reduction therapy which is an assessment and therapeutic tool used by practitioners to identify those substances causing stress on the body (stressors) and then corrects your body’s response so that future exposure to those substances no longer cause a stress response. The therapy recalibrates the body’s response so that future exposure to the corresponding substances now allows the biofeedback measurements (and the body’s reactions) to fall within the acceptable parameters. Your body no longer feels overburdened or stressed by the stressors.
3) Every day our bodies are subjected to these stresses and stressors. Along with physical stress, including traumas or accidents, chemical and emotional stress also cause spinal misalignments called vertebral subluxations. These subluxations interfere with the nervous system which controls all functions and health of the body. For the body to function optimally, it is important to remove all nerve interference. The only health profession that corrects and optimizes nerve flow is chiropractic. In our office, we use technology called Myovision which analyzes the imbalances of the nervous system to see how your body is functioning.
At Hometown Family Wellness Center in Freehold, NJ chiropractor Dr. Russell Brokstein examines and addresses all 3 of these areas to reduce the stress to your body so you can be optimally healthy without drugs and surgery.